So you met someone at work/school/your cousin Janet’s dog’s birthday party and you hit it off like gangbusters. You both like nachos, sitting, and the ultimate activity: eating nachos while sitting. Then there’s that moment at the end of a conversation where you’re like: Should I get their Facebook? Should I email them? Do I page them? Here’s how to take this encounter to the next level. It’s like dating – for friends!
1. Get their number.
Facebook is for tweens and email is for that dude you met on your flight to Orlando. Keep it real.
2. Text them a few days later asking them to grab a drink or pizza or both.
If they don’t like pizza, then they are a sociopath and you have no further use for them.
3. Dress casually.
This isn’t a Sadie Hawkins dance. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
4. Talk about things you have in common.
Like horses, knitting, you know, “girl stuff.”
5. Talk about things you hate.
E.g. physical activity, responsibility, smegma
6. Don’t gossip about mutual acquaintances or people at work.
Because they might be friends with that person and then you look like an asshole.
7. Don’t drink too much.
This isn’t a frat party. This is is a friend date.
8. Bond over your fave foods.
Truer words have never been said:
9. Don’t forget to hug them goodbye.
Full body squeeze time!
10. With any luck you guys will be BFFs in no time.
Here’s to hangin’ and not bangin’!