15 Steps to Ending the First Dateby Marla Pachter on September 11, 2013
1. You’ve been having a really good time all night.
2. And yeah, at this point, you’ve maybe both had a little too much to drink.
3. You do have work in the morning…
4. And the conversation is starting to have those awkward pauses.
5. Plus, you’re not sure yet if you really like each other yet.
6. So… Are you going to have to say it, or will your date just call it a night already?
7. Finally! They said they have a meeting in the morning.
8. Wait. Do they really have a meeting? Or are they just sick of talking to you?
9. You walk out together until your paths split. Time to… say goodbye…right?
11. Annnnd they’re leaning in… Oh, okay. Awkward hug. This is what’s happening.
12. “Well, I had a really nice time.” “Me too. I’ll call you!”
13. But you both kind of linger…
14. Oh, screw it. You’re going in for the kiss.
More like this:
- The 8 Stages of Being The Only Single Friend
- 13 Things That Go Through Your Head Before a First Date
- What It’s Like to Run Into Your Ex