What you order on a date can definitely send a signal, whether or not it’s one you’re conscious of. Sure, the list below is mainly full of generalizations, but there’s some truth to every stereotype…
Vodka on the Rocks: Too self-conscious to actually order a martini.
Martini: If you’re a guy, you’re trying to impress (and it’s probably working). If you’re a girl drinking a dirty martini, you’re a hot mess: the dirtier, the messier, the hotter.
White Russian: Obsessed with The Big Lebowski, and probably The Daily Show. Or, you just like to drink dessert.
Bud Light: You’re easy going, laid back, and at home at a sports bar. If you’re a girl, you know how to hang with the guys.
Stella Artois: You have no particular knowledge or affinity towards beer so you just order “Stella” cause it’s familiar.
Lillet/Campari/Aperol: You’re twee, and possibly like to throw around words like “mixology.”
Vodka Cranberry: When in doubt, you stick to what you drank in college.
White Wine: You’re definitely a woman. You’re possibly a little uptight.
Prosecco: You’re often a little uptight, but tonight you’re looking to party.
Whiskey, neat: You’re hot. Regardless of gender.
Jager: Secretly wishing you were hanging out with your buddies.
Vodka Gimlet: You’re a huge dork, but you hope sort of in a cool way?
Appletini: You’ve left the kids with a sitter and you’re ready to have fun!
Pimm’s Cup: You’re an Anglophile.
Old-Fashioned: Mad Men is your favorite show: you either want to be, or have sex with, Don Draper.
Margarita, on the rocks: You’ve decided to have a good time tonight.
Margarita, frozen: You’re in Cabo.
PBR: You’re drinking quickly on your way to a non-profit fundraiser, followed by a poetry reading in a former industrial warehouse.
Tequila Shots: You’re either getting laid, or just getting through it.
Long Island Iced Tea: You have a drinking problem.
A beer, while at a Cocktail Bar: Overprotective of your manhood or unadventurous.
A cocktail, while at a dive bar: Insufferable.
Want more? See also:
- What Your Favorite TV Show Says About You On a Date
- What Your Drink Says About You On a Date
- What Your Food Says About You on a Date
- What Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor Says About You On A Date
- What Your Bookshelf Says About You to a Date
- What Your Birth Order Says About You In A Relationship
- What Your Bra Says About You on a Date
- What Your Favorite Sex Position Really Says About You
More reader favorites:
- 20 WTF Engagement Photos
- The 9 Most Annoying Things To Say To A Single Person
- 9 Things They Don’t Tell You About Dating an Architect
- 10 Reasons to Date Someone in the Arts
- 10 Things That Are Attractive About Guys and Girls With Glasses
- 23 Reasons to Date a Midwesterner
- How to Propose to a ‘Settlers of Catan’ Fan
- Why Women Look More Like “Girlfriend Material” in the Fall
- 25 Most Romantic Stories and Photos From ‘Humans of New York’