23 Reasons to Date a Southernerby Lilit Marcus on June 27, 2012
Yesterday we discussed 23 reasons to date a Midwesterner, but to be fair, there are some amazing people to date in other places, too. Like the South.
1. We have good manners.
2. Our accents are cute.
3. We totally understand the importance of family and holiday traditions.
4. Grits are delicious.
5. You’ll melt the first time somebody calls you darlin.
6. Savannah, Charleston, Asheville: just think of the romantic weekends at B&Bs.
7. Our tea is cool and sweet. Work the metaphor here.
8. We’re good with animals.
9. Our uncle’s moonshine is surprisingly good.
10. We can make conversation with anyone, from the mailman to your antisocial cousin.
11. We can dance. Sometimes in a square.
12. If it’s a date, we call it a date. No “hanging out.”
13. Flannery O’Connor, William Faulkner, Harper Lee: it’s a proud literary tradition.
14. We’re not spoiled by urban life.
15. “Beau” is so much sexier than “boyfriend.”
16. We’re great planners. (Have you ever been to a debutante’s wedding? Honey.)
17. We’re good at fixing things.
18. Our families like you immediately.
19. Seersucker is an art form.
20. Hating Duke is what brings people together.
21. Everything tastes better fried.
22. We always bring a hostess gift.
23. We know you can’t buy love at Wal-Mart.
- 10 Reasons You Should Start Dating A Soccer Player Right Now
- 10 Reasons to Date Someone in the Arts
- 10 Things That Are Attractive About Guys and Girls With Glasses
- 6 Reasons Bald Men Make Better Boyfriends
- 15 Vows for Dating a Vegetarian
- 10 Reasons I’d Never Date a Runner (Even Though I Am One)
- 5 Things Not to Say to a Redhead on a Date
- 10 Reasons You Should Date the Boy from Back Home