Much ink has been spilled on the Date Report over who should pay for what on a date and in a relationship, and when, and how to know if it’s your turn, etc.
BUT, I’d like to take a moment to zero in on the whole “preferences” thing, as in: yeah, maybe it’s his turn to pay, but is he secretly seething at having to spend his paycheck on ____?
Things guys like to pay for!
1. Ball game tickets
2. Lingerie & toys
3. A random Groupon for a really nice hotel, one night only
4. The first thing on the first date, no matter what it is
5. Something that you’ll enjoy for yourself, e.g. a massage, day spa, etc.
Things guys…not so much.
1. Your cab ride home
2. Expensive tickets to the show you insisted on seeing together
3. The plate of food you’re only going to take two bites off of
4. That Kristen Stewart movie
5. A round of drinks, if you already know you’re about to dump him
- About That Time I Accidentally Ordered A $175 Steak On A Date
- Who Should Pay For Dinner? 6 Ways To Make It Less Awkward
- He’ll Buy You Dinner If You’re Pretty Enough, Says Science