25 Romantic Little Foods To Bring On a Picnic Dateby Lauren Passell on May 09, 2012
- Sangria Make your own and transport in jars.
- Muffuletta The New Orleans sandwich is the perfect picnic food. Cut into slices before you leave and you have yourself handheld scrumdiddlyumptious-ness.
- Tiny sandwiches Or try tiny sandwiches — think tea time. If you want to go all nuts, cut the sandwiches into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bite-sized fruit like strawberries, cherries, pineapple, and grapes.
- Sushi I don’t usually think sushi is a great date food, but if you’re on a picnic date, it’s another story. It’s perfectly portable and easy to eat.
Related: Dating Etiquette: Sushi 101
- Little things on skewers! – Melon, ham, mozzorella, cherry tomatoes, artichokes — especially if it’s March 28, National Something On a Stick Day!
- Risotto balls There’s something sexy about risotto, isn’t there? Since that’s too tough to bring on a picnic, shape it into balls, like these Lemon Basil Risotto Balls from Food and Wine.
- Stuffed dates I like to stuff them with almonds, and then roll them in powdered sugar.
- Silly candy like sweet tarts or pop rocks This is so you don’t take your picnic too seriously.
- Soft cheese and crackers Brie and crackers or bread sticks are classic for a reason — they’re delicious.
- Nutella Out of the jar will do.
- Ricotta gnudi Portable and elegant — well worth the effort!
- Fresh Summer Rolls These are easy to eat on the go and are perfect on a hot summer night. Try these Vietnamese Summer Rolls from Bon Appetit.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds Pumpkin seeds are a natural aphrodisiac. Here are five ways to spice them.
- DIY Wraps Try stuffing Roquefort cheese, pear, and walnut in Endive.
Related: 50 Places To Make Out Before You Die
- Popcorn Pop unflavored popcorn and own your own flavor, like shredded Parmesan or Cajun spices.
- Mini pizzas Use pitas or English muffins.
- Cheddar cheese + apples There is something so good about this combo.
- Figs They’re good on their own, extra good with Balsamic Vinegar, Mascarpone and walnuts.
- Quesadillas Get creative with cheese and filling combos, like grilled chicken + pineapple or steak + blue cheese.
- Mediterranean bites Like pita and hummus, stuffed grapleaves, olives.
- Shrimp + cocktail sauce.
- Salami, pepperoni, prosciutto
- Chocolates Duh.