10 Things You Need To Know About Dating A Virgoby Maryse Chevriere on September 10, 2012
Let’s not pretend that you’ve never Googled a crush’s star sign to see if you’re cosmically compatible, or consulted your chart to decipher the best time of the month to meet your mate. Dating is tough, and sometimes it helps to seek a little guidance from the stars.
To that end, we’re introducing a new series designed to offer some dating insight based on your sweetie’s star sign. First up: Virgo (August 22nd – September 23rd).
1. Analyze This. Virgos are known for being highly discriminating and analytical. This, in turn, makes them naturally good critics, so make sure you’re on your A-game when trying to woo your Virgo love – not much gets past them.
2. They’re Critical of Themselves, Too. Virgos are just as critical of themselves as they are of you. This may mean that they have a hard time accepting compliments, so make sure you go the extra mile to show them you mean it.
3. They’re Practical. Those who fall under this star sign tend to be incredibly practical. That means blowing your paycheck on some lavish dinner or extravagant gift is likely not going to impress them much.
4. Can I Ask You For Some Advice? Sure, Virgos’ discerning nature and penchant for critical analysis can be a little intimidating at times, but it also means they’re not going to serve you a load of b.s. when you come to them with an important issue you need advice on.
5. Get Ready for a Good Debate. Thoughtful Virgos are confident in their opinions and aren’t afraid to state them. If you’re looking for someone who can go toe-to-toe with you in a debate you’ll have found your match in this star sign.
6. Cleanliness is Key. Cleanliness and good hygiene are very important to Virgos so you might want to make sure you’ve made your bed, put the dishes away, and given your apartment an all-around good scrub before inviting them up for a post-date drink.
7. They’re Crafty. Literally – perfectionist Virgos excel at crafts and activities that require focus and precision. Something like a sushi-making or Mixology 101 class could make for a fun date where they’ll have the opportunity to impress you with their handiwork.
8. They’re Not Complete Prudes, OK?! Just because Virgo is the sign of the virgin doesn’t mean that they’re going to be totally vanilla between the sheets. Sure they may not be up for a one night stand and it might take them a little time to let down their guard, but once the trust is there they’ll have no problem opening up and focusing all their passion on you.
9. Tummy Turn On. The Virgo’s erogenous zone is their stomach, making it a very sensitive area for them (and not in a bad way). Try turning on your Virgo sweetie with a sexy, sensual massage that starts with their stomach. Also, because they’re such big fans of cleanliness, a little romp in the shower or bath should be right up their street.
10. So Much for Spontaneity. These analytical types like to know all the facts and details beforehand so you might want to rethink that surprise birthday party you’ve been planning for them.