1. Discounts on Food, duh. Whether you’re paying or they’re paying, indulge in that extra dessert cause it might be 50% off or it might even be on the house.
2. They like people! They will probably (definitely) tell you they hate people, because the service industry will do that to you, but really what makes them good at their job is their ability to talk to anyone, so they’ll be great when it’s time to meet your friends, and even greater when it’s time to meet your parents.
3. They’re attentive. Servers, hostesses, even restaurant managers all have their part in taking care of the customer and making sure they have the best experience that can. This basically includes waiting on them hand and foot, getting them whatever they need, pouring their wine, making sure everything is to their liking. They’re used to pleasing people.
4. They know how to handle stress. People in the food industry deal with a ton of stress on a daily basis, meaning they’re building the tools necessary to work through stress and trouble shoot. If you’re having a tough spot in your relationship, they will keep calm, which in turn will help you keep calm. (Unless they work with Gordon Ramsay or a similar chef. Then they probably don’t have a zen bone in their body,)
5. They know how to party. Servers and hostesses work until all hours of the night on a daily basis. You know what they do afterward? Go to bars, loosen up, have a good time, go to a party until all hours of the morning. Lather, rinse, repeat. They know the good bars, the cheap bars, the fun bars, the really nice city spots to drink when the dawn is too beautiful to pass up.
6. They are always nice to waiters. We always judge our dates by this, right? Well anyone who works in the food industry actually understands and will definitely treat the waiter like they’re just a nice, normal human being. They’re good tippers, too! They just get it.
7. They always have cash on them. There are so many cash-only things and no one else ever seems to have cash on them. Strippers maybe? Don’t worry, we’ll be doing Reasons to Date a Stripper next week, and this will also be on that list. (Just kidding. Probably.)
8. Flexible Schedules. Sure, they may work weekends. but give them advance notice and they can take off any day of the week. Without advance notice? They’ll just find someone to switch with. They can practically work their schedule around your schedule.
More Like This:
- The 10 Best Ice Cream Dates in New York City
- If Dating Were An RPG…
- Three Terrible Excuses You’re Using to Stay in the Wrong Relationship