Unsurprisingly, 2013 was another insane year for the Kardashian Klan. From new babies to infertility, marriage proposals to finalized divorces, we’re distilling a year’s worth of Kardashian love life news into a single post.
Kim & Kanye
Kimye dominated our news feeds in 2013. From a new baby to a stadium proposal, it seems we couldn’t get enough of pop culture’s power couple. Here’s what went down this year.
• In January, the Internet went freaking crazy over Kim’s baby bump.
• The couple hit the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala in May. Kim, coincidentally, was dressed like the carpet at the Howard Johnson by the airport. Kanye sang to Kim. It was cute.
• On June 3, an L.A. judge finalized Kim’s divorce from former husband Kris Humphries, who she was married to for a year and seven months.
• Less than two weeks later, baby North West was born on June 15th. Also, Kimye named their baby North West.
• In October, Kris Humphries auctioned off Kim’s engagement ring for $620,000.
• A week later, Kanye proposed to Kim via a jumbotron in San Francisco’s AT&T Park that said “PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!” and threw in a 15-carat diamond ring for good measure.
• The rapper dropped the music video for “Bound 2” in November featuring a naked Kim Kardashian bouncing around while straddling Kanye on a motorcycle.
• The two will close out the year by planning their dream wedding at the Palace of Versailles.
Kris & Bruce
Kris spent the first half of 2013 diving headfirst into making her daytime talk show a success. Unfortunately, the ratings and reviews were cruel, and the show was canceled. Shortly after that, the crazy kicked up a notch:
• Kris started off the year without her wedding ring, sparking a flurry of rumors about trouble in her marriage.
• In October, the couple announced they were splitting after 22 years of marriage, and revealed they had been living in separate homes for months.
• A week after the couple announced their separation, rumors began circulating that Bruce wanted to become a woman.
• In November, the rumor mill churns again, this time with reports of Kris’ alleged relationships with multiple younger men, including Drake.
• In December, news leaked that Bruce had scheduled a surgery to reduce his Adam’s Apple, fueling the rumors he desired a sex-change.
Kendall & Kylie
The Jenner sisters used 2013 to confirm they are grown up, sort of. Between world traveling, magazine photo shoots, budding modeling careers, and school, the two found time to date some of the world’s most famous teenagers.
• After a month or two of courting Kendall, singer Jaden Smith (son of Will and Jada) allegedly began dating Kylie in March.
• But not so fast! In April, Kylie was rumored to be dating Justin Bieber’s BFF Lil Twist, after the two were spotted attending a Rihanna concert together. What a life, huh?
• In November, sister Kendall and One Direction singer Harry Styles were first spotted on a date in West Hollywood (gay).
• While in NYC performing on Saturday Night Live, Harry took Kendall on another date, this time to a gay bar.
• Kendall and Harry end the year on a high note in love, reportedly talking 30 times a day. Awwwww!!! (Insert Grumpy Cat meme here.)
Brother Kardashian actually had a really interesting year in love. Who knew?
• After a messy break up from pop singer Rita Ora in December 2012, Rob gained 40 pounds in three months.
• Rob finally rebounded with Naza Jafarian (you don’t know her) in April.
• In September, reports surfaced that Rob was publicly dating rapper 50 Cent’s baby mama, Daphne Joy, after a few months of secrecy (allegedly due to fear on Rob’s part).
Kourtney & Scott
After battling tired breakup rumors all year, Courtney finally released a statement in December, stating all the allegations about her potential split from baby daddy Scott Disick were false. We were reminded that we don’t really care.
Khloé & Lamar
Once the most fun-loving couple on Keeping Up With The Kardashians, the now-separated duo had a really, really dramatic year:
• The Kardashian sister and her NBA player husband Lamar Odom kicked off 2013 denying rumors they were separated.
• Months later, the couple again tried to squash separation rumors by showing some affection on Khloé’s birthday in June.
• On August 30, Lamar was arrested for a DUI and subsequently entered rehab – for a few hours.
• In September, Khloé removed “Odom” from her Twitter handle.
• A blurry video of Lamar surfaces online in November, in which he implies he has cheated on Khloé multiple times.
• After four years of marriage, Khloé officially filed for divorce December 13.