You know, I really wanted to hate that video marriage proposal that went viral in May, but I couldn’t. Everyone seemed so happy and it was bursting with love, that even the most assholish, cynical parts of me were moved. And that’s why I feel so conflicted about these extremely publicized proposals. They disgust me, but they are beautiful. How is that possible? Like this one:
But then you see the look on his fiancee’s face, and she looks like she is about to die, in a really good way. Like she can hardly breathe and it is the most exciting moment in her life. And even that cynical asshole inside me is like, “Lauren, just be happy for them.”
But what do you think?
- Behold The Best Wedding Invitation of All Time Ever, Period.
- 10 Best YouTube Marriage Proposals
- You’re Not Going To Top This Crossword Puzzle Proposal Story, So Don’t Even Try
- 8 Bridesmaids Photos That Make You Want To Get Married Just For The Bridesmaids
- 20 WTF Engagement Photos
- The Worst Marriage Proposal Ever
- Terrified Girlfriend Gets Log Flume Marriage Proposal
- Ignoring Your Girlfriend to Tweet About How You’re Proposing To Her? You’re Doing It Wrong