Cheating is a cheap thrill, but it sure makes for good melodrama. If you ever suspect your sweetie of philandering, pop music has a lot of good clues for exposing them. From tangled lies to a guilty conscience, whether you decide to forgive them or have your twisted revenge, here’s how to tell your partner has been untrue.
1. Your relationship just isn’t the same.
Creep – TLC
2. Some people just don’t know how to cover their tracks.
Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat – Bob Dylan
You Know I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
Delilah – Tom Jones
The Thunder Rolls – Garth Brooks
3. Some people just can’t get their story straight.
Say My Name – Destiny’s Child
It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay – Whitney Houston
Lipstick On Your Collar – Connie Francis
4. They’ve been sneakin’ around.
Long Black Veil – Johnny Cash
Me and Mrs. Jones – Billy Paul
Unfaithful – Rihanna
5. You catch ‘em in the act.
A Quick One While He’s Away – The Who
Bust Your Windows – Jazmine Sullivan
Hey Joe – Jimi Hendrix
6. Their lies catch up with them.
I Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake
Jolene – Dolly Parton
Your Cheatin’ Heart – Hank Williams
7. They’ve just got a bad reputation.
Runaround Sue – Dion
Pencil Skirt – Pulp
OPP – Naughty by Nature
8. Adultery will surely catch up with you sooner or later. Then again, sometimes sneakin’ around can be a whole lot of fun.