Not since Starbucks abruptly opened the flood gates to their ambrosiac Pumpkin Spice Latte at the end of the summer has there been a reason to run to your nearest Starbucks. Or if you’re well-versed the ways of wizards, Floo Powder might get you there quicker.
According to Foodbeast, Harry Potter foodies can finally pair their chocolate frogs with a beverage this holiday season, as Starbucks has collected the ingredients to concoct a Butterbeer for any patron with the potion recipe. If you thought ordering off menu at a fancy restaurant was a surefire way of impressing a date, wait until you go beyond the obvious choices at one of the most popular establishments on the planet.
Here’s what you’ll need to order to achieve Butterbeer goodness, in either warm or cold versions:
• A Crème Frappuccino base, made with whole milk (not skim or 2%, which will mess up the consistency)
• 3 pumps of caramel syrup
• 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup
• Top with caramel drizzle
• Whole milk steamer Caramel syrup (2 pumps for a tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
• Toffee nut syrup (2 pumps for a tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
• Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 pumps for a tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
• Top with whipped cream and salted caramel bits
• Optional: 1 shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)
Starbucks’ Butterbeers will only be available during the next few months, as the coffee chain cuts off the flow of toffee nut syrup after the holiday season. Because they are monsters.
Matt Patches is a writer and reporter living in New York City. His work has been featured on Vulture, Time Out New York, and The Hollywood Reporter. He is the host of the pop culture podcast Operation Kino.
Image via Foodbeast